James Scott Obituaries
Click your web browser's BACK button to return to previous page
Fairmount News Nov 28 1902
Death of James Scott
James Scott, a venerable and respected citizen, and a pioneer of Grant county, died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Amos Bogue, Wednesday night. The funeral took place from teh Friends Church this forenoon. Obituary will appear in this paper.
Fairmount News Dec 5 1902
James Scott, son of John and Rachel Scott, was born in Wayne county, Ind. the 26th of 12 mo 1814. Was married to Annis, daughter of Jesse and Mararett Arnett, the 20th of the 4th month 183(9)6. Soon after their marriage, they removed to Grant County, Indiana and entering land near Oak Ridge, making this their home until a few years ago they left the farm and moved to Fairmount.
To this union fourteen children were born. Fove of whom with the mother have been called to their eternal home. The deceased was for a number of years a member of the Wesleyan Methodist Church, talking an active part in the regular services of thechurch. He t6hen joined the Friends-Church at Oark Ridge and continued a member of the meeting until he removed to Fairmount and became a member of this meeting. He had been in failing health for a number of years and with the infirmities of age upon him had not been able to attend meeting only occassionally but with the expressed conviction of his faith in Christ as his Savior in former years we believe him to be at rest.
He departed this life on the 27th of eleventh month being eighty severn years, eleven months and one day of age.
A big "Thank You!" goes out to Julie Ward for doing all the research, the trips to the library, and sharing
so generously with the rest of us for these news clips.
ANNIS (AMOS?) ARNETT (JESSE2 ARNETT*, VALENTINE1) was born February 09, 1819 in , , Nc, and died January 28, 1892 in , Grant Co., In buried in Park Cemetery, Fairmount, Grant Co lot #589. She married JAMES SCOTT April 20, 1836 in Wayne Co., In HEISS INDIANA QUAKER RECORDS (2-34) NEW GARDEN MM, son of JOHN SCOTT and RACHEL HORTON. He was born December 26, 1814 in , Wayne Co., In, and died November 27, 1902 in , Grant Co., In
Children of ANNIS ARNETT and JAMES SCOTT are:
- MILTON SCOTT, b. April 24, 1837, , Grant Co., In; d. February 27, 1839, , Grant Co., Burial: Back Creek Monthly Meeting and Friends Cemetery, Grant Co., IN.
- EMILY SCOTT, b. July 01, 1838, , Grant Co., In; d. March 15, 1912, m. HENRY HOLLINGSWORTH, May 20, 1859.
- ELAM , b. January 29, 1840, , Grant Co.; d. February 08, 1849, , Grant Co., In buried in Park Cemetery, Grant.
- CALVIN SCOTT, b. August 10, 1841, , Grant Co., In; d. August 13, 1874, , Grant Co., In buried in Oak Ridge Cemetery.
- JOHN SCOTT, b. December 26, 1843, , Grant Co., In; d. August 25, 1864, Atlanta, , Ga; m. LYDICA A. C. DOHERTY, April 21, 1861, Grant Co., IN.
- ELMINA SCOTT, b. September 13, 1845, , Grant Co., In; d. November 02, 1933; m. AMOS H BOGUE.
- JESSE A. SCOTT, b. November 25, 1847, , Grant Co., In; m. ELIZA ANN LYTLE, June 28, 1873, ,Grant Co., In.
- STEPHEN SCOTT, b. December 15, 1849, , Grant Co., In; d. December 10, 1930.
- OLIVER RIGDON SCOTT, b. December 08, 1851, , Grant Co., In; d. March 24, 1924, Burial: Park Cemetery, Grant Co., IN.
- ADDISON SCOTT, b. January 06, 1854, , Grant Co., In; d. December 04, 1916, , Grant Co., In buried in Park Cemetery, Grant Co.
- EVAN SCOTT, b. December 25, 1855, , Grant Co., In; d. May 02, 1908.
- THIRZA (ELIZA) A. SCOTT, b. January 29, 1857, , Grant Co., In; d. May 30, 1940; m. HENRY RITTENHOUSE.
- RUFUS B. SCOTT, b. June 15, 1859, , Grant Co., In; d. July 04, 1897, , Grant Co., In buried in Park Cemetery, Grant Co.
- MALINDA SCOTT, b. August 15, 1860, , Grant Co., In; d. May 1934; m. ISSAC MILLIKAN.
Copyright © 2000
Website designed by Arnett Services
This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated in any way without consent.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited.